Sunday, February 10

someone was trying to tell me i needed more driving practice

11. 11-13.2012----   so I completely on purpose decided to pick the one weekend we had a snow storm to drive down to Las Vegas for a wedding. first time driving in snow...i owned it! i could only see through a small clear spot on the windshield which forced me to lean over and touch cheeks with the passenger, but that's fine. what else are you supposed to do during a long car ride? we won't hydroplane, i said. 40 isn't too fast, i said. apparently it was. we only hydroplaned for a second and my passenger, scott, didn't even notice. driving through a snow storm for 4 hours was just what i wanted to do with my friday afternoon.

2.10.2013---- UPDATE: Now that I have had much more experience driving in snow, ice, and freezing rain, I have decided to start drifting in the snow for fun! It's so fun!.....until you realize that you shouldn't do it near other cars. There's this left turn that I particularly like, but there is a car that's always parked at the corner. Yesterday, I was like yeah!! drifting!!! did it! and then in the middle of it I was like oh shoot I should stop sliding now because I'm headed right now that car. I stopped and all was well. Lesson learned? CHECK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment