Monday, February 6

Happy Death Poems


Yes. You read that right. Happy death poems. We had a contest to see who could write the best happy poem about death. Katie and Marina and I each wrote 3, and then we had Jessie be the judge. However, she was indecisive, so we called in Leah to be a guest judge. She, also, couldn't decide between two of them, so we called in Emily, Vanessa, and Nicole to have the final say. Here are the contestants:

Sara:

I'm writing of death.
And yet I am so happy.
I am the winner.

One day there was a man named Frank.
He was angry and tried to rob a bank.
So he ran through the door
And fell to the floor.
Turns out he was killed by a tank.

According to Gandalf, when you die
You don't get a huge face full of cow pie
You see silver gates
And your old dead mates.
So don't be scared as your body begins to fry.

Marina:

Hiding in the tree-
the big deer walks by at last-
perfect shot- got him!

He broke my heart again,
so I shot him in the head.
There was much rejoicing.

I chased after it for hours
almost got it near the flowers
when I tripped over that vase
I saw it laughing in my face
but that fly no longer cowers.

Katie:

there was a dead girl.
she died laughing at our blog.
totes a true story.

sara just told me
i have to write another.
dolphins are the worst.

guys, i hate haikus.
really, i hate writing these.
vote for me, i'm best.

Leah:

i savor the smell
when i am in the bathroom
unclogging toilets

Random Other:

Don't dwell on revenge.
Anger not at stupid folks.
They all end up dead.


The winner ended up being the one about the tank, but it is still a confused and insecure victory, as none of our judges were incredibly sure about their choices. Oh well.

Comment and/or vote! Which one do YOU think should win as the happiest death poem???

1 comment:

  1. I like Katie's poem. Totes the best.
    Just for you:

    Oh St. Valentine,
    why celebrate love instead
    of all the deaths?

    ReplyDelete