Saturday, November 3

what not to do in the grocery store

there I was, happy as can be. grocery shopping. FOOD. you know when you're with your friends, nothing that would normally "embarrass" you really matters? well this time it did. tired of the same old toast and jam, one of my best friends, rachel, and i decided that enough was enough and that we needed actual food. we went to the local "smith's" grocery store to get all the essentials: greek yogurt, lettuce, and dark chocolate almond milk. we were in the vegetable isle when rachel told me she was going to get her bread. i was like, "ok! i'm staying right here and NOT MOVING!" not even 5 seconds later, i was like "hmm i need celery", so i took the cart and started running towards the celery while leaning on the cart. suddenly, i felt a sensation i had never felt before. i thought i was flying. the excitement died immediately when i realized what was happening. i leaned too far on the empty cart and it was tipping over and taking me down with it. all of the sudden, i found myself on my knees with the cart flipped up and pointing to the ceiling. i was in complete shock about what just happened, looked around, and i literally rolled myself into a circle of about 12 people who were all silently staring at me as i kneeled on the ground with a hypnotized look on my face. a woman quickly rushed to help me up and pick up my cart. she asked me if i was alright, but all i remember is saying "thank you so much" with glazed over eyes. i couldn't believe that rachel didn't see that. i was so embarrassed. i wanted to crawl into a pit and cry. she came back with her bread, confused at why everyone was staring at me and whispering. i explained what had just taken place and just like i would have been, she was surprised that that all happened in about a minute. if she was there, i wouldn't have felt as bad. it's official, never let your friend leave your side. not even for a minute because this can happen to you...if you're like me and get yourself into these situations seriously 4 times a day on average. 2 if i'm lucky, but let's get real here. i'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment